The 250w front drive kit is UK road legal and can be fitted to most bikes.
Whats included in the kit:
- Motor: 250W brushless front hub, comes integrated in a wheel size of your choice (reaches maximum speed allowed by UK/EU regulation, i.e. 15.5mph)
- Wheel sizes avilable: 20inch, 24inch, 26inch,27.5, 700c, 28inch or 29er
- Wheel material: Double walled alloy rim with reinforced spokes to withstand extra pressure.
- Throttle: thumb type – gradual lever, the further it is pressed, the more power is provided.
- Brake compatibility: Compatible with both disc brakes and V-brakes
- Controller: 14A max current.
- Cables: Motor cable and system cable (designed for simplicity and minimal wiring)
- Box: for mounting the controller (only when a battery is purchased with the system)
- Fork compatibility: Minimum 100mm between fork drop-outs (which is the vast majority of forks).
Battery Options - All 36v
- 7aH Pannier Battery - Approx 20 miles per charge. Pannier rack supplied with kit
- 9aH Frame Battery - Approx 30 miles per charge
- 11aH Pannier Battery - Approx 40 miles per charge. Pannier rack supplied with kit
- 15aH Frame battery - Approx 60 miles per charge
- 17aH Pannier battery - Approx 75 miles per charge. Pannier rack supplied with kit
- 19aH Frame battery - Approx 90 miles per charge
All batteries are detachable and are supplied with a charger. A thumb throttle is supplied with the kit as standard but it’s pedal assistance that will truly transform your riding experience.
Pedal Assistance System
Why not upgrade your conversion kit by adding one of our optional Pedal Assistance Systems (PAS)? A Pedal Assistance System is a device that senses your pedalling and makes your kit give automatic assistance, i.e. you do not have to press the throttle throughout your journey.
Pedal Assist Sensor & Your Bikes Bottom Bracket:
The bottom bracket is the area where the pedals go through the frame. Our pedal assist sensors fit square taper bottom brackets and threaded bottoms brackets.
If your bike has a Square Taper Bottom Bracket or Threaded Bottom Bracket, you don't need to do anything as this is the standard sensor size.
If your bike has a Press Fit Bottom Bracket, get in touch as this sensor won't fit. We can recommend a better fitting kit for you.
Pedal Assistance System - Basic LED
This is our basic PAS upgrade which includes a handlebar dashboard allowing you to shift between three power levels; low, medium or high. This display shows your battery level and gives an indication of your speed.
Pedal Assistance System - Advanced LCD
This is our top of the range electric bike kit upgrade for you who want to combine your conversion kit with state of the art technology, yet at a surprisingly good value. This package combines a Pedal Assistance System with an advanced LCD handlebar monitor which, not only gives you five levels of power, but also displays your speed, journey distance, time, average speed and many other readings.
All components in the kit are covered by a 12 month warranty, with all spares being held in the UK.
If you are looking for some help DIY installing one of these kits, have a look at our Wheel Hub Kit Installation Guides.